I wanted to give you a brief update on my Iranian friend, CeCe.
Last month, we thought that she would have to go back to her home country due to admission problems with local colleges, but after much pr.yer and persistence on CeCe's part, a local college accepted her! I'm really excited because she's been a great friend to me these past few months. It's funny how I have this instant-bond with expats I meet in this city. I guess we're all going through similar struggles living in a new culture.
Last Sunday, I went to CeCe's apartment for lunch, Charlie Chaplin movies (yep, she's a big Chaplin fan!) and to help her with her English. She's taking some English classes before her college classes start this Fall, so I've been helping her with reading and pronunciation. CeCe's mother tongue isn't Urdu, so she can't help me with speaking, however her script is the same, so she has been helping me with improving my writing.
Afterwards, I was able to invite her to ch.rch and she was very excited about coming! I think He's doing something in her life, so please keep her in your pr.yers. I'm glad He brought her into my life - she's a great friend and I'm looking forward to getting to know her more over the next few years.
-C
Announcing a New Website Giveaway
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment