11.29.2008

'Round Here

Hey, remember those dudes that I told you about a few months ago who gave me 100 rupees worth of change all in 10 rupee notes (an amazingly rare thing, by the way)? This is a pic of those guys.

And here's a picture of that crazy bank that almost got away with $800 of my money! (read old blog post to find out what happened...). The girl in the far right corner of this shot, well her expression says it all about my feelings toward this establishment, although I must admit I kind of love their slogan: "A friend you can bank upon" That always makes me chuckle.




There are some more pics that I took around my neighborhood below. Whenever I come back to this town after being out of country, it makes me feel like I'm a tourist again and for about a week or so I just walk the streets everyday for hours. I'm trying to take advantage of this window of opportunity by taking more pics of my world to share with you. Also, this is a sort of tribute to my neighborhood. I'm moving next week. Farewell neighborhood! I love you and will miss you very much!




Copper House
Art Deco-ish House. When I first moved here, almost a year ago now, there was nothing on the lot where this building now stands.

One heck of a big, Big house. I wonder how many people live here and what they do.
Chocolate Chip Mint Icecream House

McDonalds, where?! Oh, wait....
Tropicana Houses
A shrine around the corner from my street that the street dogs like to steal food from.
Ganesh. Behind every corner.
Construction worker on my street. She lives in the small building in the background.Press wala. Isn't she beautiful?
Lady
Tramp
Kids that live in my apartment building...
The girl in black is my favorite. She is actually the "servant" (the word choice most common here) to the other two kids. The extent of my conversations with the girl on the right go like this: "Hi, how are you?" "Fine, Auntie" *big smiles on both our faces*. I really wish I knew this girl's language so I could share with her more than just a smile. Please pray for her.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

ah they are sooooooooo cute i miss kids!