Last week I conducted a breast cancer awareness training at two hospitals with the help of 7 friends visiting from America. We met many local ladies and probably shared with over 60 women over two days. Unexpected friendships formed with our translators that week. One of the translators even invited us to her house to meet her mother and grandmother and cook us chicken biriyani and kebabs (my favorite Indian dishes!).
Here are some pics from the day we visited "A". She's loves to collect things - everything from coins to teddy bears. Here's "A" showing off her teddy bear collection. Behind her on the left is her family's "puja room" where they pray and give offerings to their gods everyday.

This is a pic of "A" and our other translator "S" who helps me with Urdu sometimes. (If you got a stitched purse or greeting card from me when I was home "S" is the one who made it. She's an amazing artist and tailor!) They are holding up an old rupee bill that is no longer in print.

Teddy bears of all sizes.

Please think of "A" and "S" this week. They heard the training and the Story many times over last week while they translated. Ask that they would have a desire to hear more stories like the ones we shared last week and that they would keep searching for the Truth.
1 comment:
I hope you tell her how much I like her purses.
Post a Comment