1.14.2008

Come Take a Ride With Me...

This is a typical ride in an auto (auto-rickshaw). I take an auto almost everywhere that I need to go, unless it is within walking distance. Other forms of transportation in this city include buses, taxis, scooters, and bicycles.

See if you can find me in this video!

8 comments:

Del said...

I see you!

This is great to share the sights. Too bad there isn't smellivision. I keep wondering what the air is like and all that.

Keep 'em coming!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell if you're in the video. I think your question was rhetorical. Stop teasing, you big tease.

Man, the traffic is packed! I saw the pictures and boy, aren't they ironically beautiful. Are you getting enough iron, young lady?

Your blog is fantastic and educational. Keep posting!

CD said...

Thanks, Annie. You crack me up.

cindy k said...

Hi,
I now have a google account: new terrain for me! Ha!
Thanks for sending me the link so that I can know what you are up to.
Enjoyed seeing the pictures you posted and video and writings about your new venture.
THINKING of you, cindy

Anonymous said...

I still can't find you in the video after watching it 7 times. Am I supposed to find you in the mirror? Or are you the shady figure on the right side?

My friends say konnichiwa and we are playing 4U game. It's Japanese.

Anonymous said...

It sounds more like a rickshaw than an auto.

sarahjo

Chris said...

the auto experience is much different in delhi than in kolkata. sometimes we had 6 adults + the driver on an auto in Kolkata. i'm not even joking. 3 in the back (i believe it's limited to 2 in delhi) and then usually one on each side in the front. occasionally, there'd be 2 on the left side in the front where there was a small, perhaps 12 inch in diameter, seat on the side.

that, of course, is where i'd be sitting as one of the bigger people and a male. i had to hang my knees out the side so yes i was often freaked out that a bus was going to separate my feet from my legs.

good thing: most expensive auto-ride i ever had was Rs 8. you couldn't take them very far, most were on routes around 15 minutes in length, then you'd catch another.

CD said...

Wow! Most expensive auto-ride so far =Rs. 120. Yikes.