1.17.2008

Rejoicing in All Circumstances.

Dear Friends,

It's been a whirlwind here the last couple of days. I've been learning how to become a better storyteller (the stories coming from the good book). It's a bit harder than it sounds. We've been hearing 3-4 stories a day and then trying to tell at least one of them back without omitting any important details, of course. It's actually pretty fun and an awesome way to bridge with people. I wish I would have used this tool of sharing with others while I was still at home. I think it could be equally successful there, you just need to have several stories logged away so that you can call on certain stories given the particular circumstances. Wish they did more of this training for followers back home!

My heart breaks everyday for the people here. The lostness is overwhelming and often brings me to tears. Please keep pr.ing. It's a challenge and a daily battle. I come home feeling exhausted, but I know that our father is working and is stronger than anything else that's out there. I don't know if I fully believed in sp. warfare when I was back home, but it's evident here like I never would have imagined. I'm trying to persevere and rejoice in all circumstances. I try to remind myself that I am only here for a short time in the scheme of things. My hope is that I can make the most of it.

Here are some of my requests:

-rich times with the father and in the word - that they would be a priority over everything else

-good health for me and my team. I think all of us have been sick at least once, some still struggling with health issues.

-rest & a time of renewal each day.

-contentment where he has placed me day-to-day, minute-to-minute

-boldness

-joy - that it wouldn't be stolen by the things that wear on me here/exhaustion


I can't begin to convey my gratefulness to all who are lifting me up. I really could not do this without you. Everyday is a battle, light fighting against the darkness. I'm overjoyed to have you as part of my team here even if you are thousands of miles away.

Let me know how I can be pr.ying for you!

Yours,

C

5 comments:

kah5950 said...

I just want to let you know that I check your blog everyday & I enjoy reading it. It really encourages me! You're in my 'thoughts'! :-)

Anonymous said...

I start work in about a week. I am pretty excited. You get the excitement of the country air. I get the nice taste of manufactured air while being a desk jockey.

Later, Pakshil

Joshua said...

i'm glad to hear about it. keep on keeping on!!!

SPD said...

It is so exciting that you are learning storytelling! For English class this month in IWF we've been doing stories from the OT and talking about similar circumstances in our own lives (like Ab & Sarah being called to move to a new place... everyone could identify with a move to a new country!). Anyway, I love reading your blog and especially the picts of the Taj. We miss you on Tuesdays (and on other days, of course!)
- Sue

CD said...

Sue,
So glad to hear about your OT stories with the IWF. Storying is incredibly successful here and seems to stay with people longer. The other day, a lady who had been helping translate the stories said, "Ah, this is just one big story isn't it?". It clicked with her.

Tell all the ladies I miss them!