3.15.2008

Rain and New Friends.

It's raining here! We so desperately needed the rain. It hasn't rained since I first arrived in January, and it's been incredibly dry and dusty here, especially on my route to work because they're doing construction on that road to widen it for the new airport. My roommate and I were starting to have eye problems because of the dry, dusty climate. We were even starting to ride to work with our eyes shut.

Last night it rained and it's raining this very moment. I'm so thankful for the cooler weather and less dust. I guess it's a trade-off, though. Dusty roads + lots of rain + no road drainage system = flooding/mud!

Also, I've been invited to dinner party tonight. There will be a girl my age (a student) and a family from Iran there. I'm really excited about meeting this girl as I've heard a lot about her from my friend that first met her on the street in our neighborhood. If you're reading this this morning maybe you can say a pr. for me and my friends. Hope to post more updates on this later...

Have a great weekend,

C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were there lots of mud? Made any mud pies and had any mud baths?