8.28.2008

Day Two




Day Two of the Breast Cancer Awareness Program - another success. I almost didn't think Day Two would happen because the hospital staff was very busy, but it worked out, and although there were less attendees today, there were still a good amount of women. We even had a male surgeon join us towards the end. Tomorrow will be the last session. Tomorrow is perhaps the most important day because I'll be addressing the spiritual and emotional aspects of counseling women with breast cancer and specifically those who will not survive. I will be sharing many stories from the NT and the Good News.

Pray that women's hearts would be open and they wouldn't stop listening when I share about spiritual things. After each session at least one or two women have been coming to me asking me if I would come do this program in their village or at another hospital. Pray this would lead to more people of peace among the M community. Pray for discernment in how much time and energy to invest in future trainings - will it be fruitful and helpful to the end vision?

If you're reading this today, please continue to pray for me as I present tomorrow. Pray that I will speak clearly and fully teach the material. Pray that I would be aware of women searching for Truth. Pray that this would be the beginning of something bigger among M ladies in my focus area.
___

And a funny thing that happened today...
After I finished my presentation at the hospital, I went to the office to finish some work and prepare for tomorrow. Around lunchtime my phone rang - a man that I know from church was calling. This man calls me a lot and so most of the time I've stopped answering his calls, BUT I decided to answer today. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Hello?"
Man: "Hello Camille. How are you? I've been trying to call you."
Me: "Ah, yes. How are you brother?"
Man: "Good. Camille, I have a question for you. Would you consider marrying me and settling in India?"
Me: speechless
Me: "Wait...what? Are you serious?"
Man: "You don't have to answer now. I'll just give you some time to think about it."
Me: "No, that's okay. I can tell you my answer now."
Me: "No."
Man: "Okay, bye!"

Yep, marriage proposal over the phone, folks. TI squared. This Is India.

2 comments:

Chris said...

TI squared = this is india?

never heard that

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. TI squared. Come on Chris. Get with the program ;)