As yu know, my crochet student, Alzahra, wears a burka (of sorts) but her's are quite colorful. She's always covered from head to toe in cloth but some of the fabrics are beautiful. Is there a difference between Muslims in what kinds of cloth they can use? And what determines how much must be covered?
Anyway, I'd know you in that burka anywere! The eyes, as you have noted on a previous post, are quite expressive and highly individual.
The burqas in my city are quite fashionable. I've seen more and more lately that have gorgeous, colorful embroidery. I even saw one that still had long sleeves, but from the elbows down it was a sheer fabric that you could see through - kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me, but whatever. I'm looking forward to wearing this one around town. What do you think the Cliftonites would do if I walked into IGA with this on?! Kinda want to try it out just to see their expression! Check out one of my previous posts about burqa fashion around the world.
In August 2010 I moved to NYC to join Urban Impact ministries, an outreach to unreached people groups from South Asia. I'm currently looking for individuals and churches to commit to one time or monthly donations to meet my goal of $12,000 which will support me as a full-time missionary for one year. Thanks for visiting my blog!
3 comments:
*loss of words*
umm.... uh...
ninja?
(jk)
As yu know, my crochet student, Alzahra, wears a burka (of sorts) but her's are quite colorful. She's always covered from head to toe in cloth but some of the fabrics are beautiful. Is there a difference between Muslims in what kinds of cloth they can use? And what determines how much must be covered?
Anyway, I'd know you in that burka anywere! The eyes, as you have noted on a previous post, are quite expressive and highly individual.
The burqas in my city are quite fashionable. I've seen more and more lately that have gorgeous, colorful embroidery. I even saw one that still had long sleeves, but from the elbows down it was a sheer fabric that you could see through - kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me, but whatever. I'm looking forward to wearing this one around town. What do you think the Cliftonites would do if I walked into IGA with this on?! Kinda want to try it out just to see their expression! Check out one of my previous posts about burqa fashion around the world.
Post a Comment